[BackupPC-users] BackupPC_migrateV3toV4 failing
Daniel Berteaud
2017-06-15 16:54:44 UTC
Just upgraded to BackupPC 4.1.3 on my CentOS 6 server. I'd like to
migrate the whole pool from v3 to v4. Simulation (with -m flag) works as
expected:

[***@gerard ~]# sudo -u backuppc
/usr/share/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_migrateV3toV4 -h xbmc -m
BackupPC_migrateV3toV4: migrating host xbmc backup #0 to V4 (approx
67839 files)
BackupPC_migrateV3toV4: migrating host xbmc backup #30 to V4 (approx
69166 files)
BackupPC_migrateV3toV4: migrating host xbmc backup #60 to V4 (approx
69884 files)
BackupPC_migrateV3toV4: migrating host xbmc backup #90 to V4 (approx
70058 files)
BackupPC_migrateV3toV4: migrating host xbmc backup #109 to V4 (approx
70307 files)
BackupPC_migrateV3toV4: migrating host xbmc backup #139 to V4 (approx
71128 files)

[...]

But with the -m, it fails immediatly:

[***@gerard ~]# sudo -u backuppc
/usr/share/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_migrateV3toV4 -h xbmc
BackupPC_migrateV3toV4: migrating host xbmc backup #0 to V4 (approx
67839 files)
BackupPC_migrateV3toV4: removing temp target directory
/var/lib/BackupPC//pc/xbmc/0.v4
substr outside of string at /usr/share/BackupPC/lib/BackupPC/Lib.pm line
722.

Where could the error comes from ?

++
--
Logo FWS

*Daniel Berteaud*

FIREWALL-SERVICES SAS.
Société de Services en Logiciels Libres
Tel : 05 56 64 15 32 <tel:0556641532>
Visio : http://vroom.fws.fr/dani
/www.firewall-services.com/
Daniel Berteaud
2017-06-16 11:21:48 UTC
Daniel,
It looks like it is reading a V3 file, and the file size from the
attributes is bigger than how much data it read from the file. This
is probably due to some sort of disk data corruption.
That'd be odd, as I have the same error for all of my hosts (and the
pool is only ~6 months old, running v3.3.2 until now, on ext4, no power
outage or anything else)
$md5->add(substr($$dataRef, $seekPosn, 131072));
$md5->add(substr($$dataRef, $seekPosn, 131072)) if (
length($$dataRef) >= $seekPosn );
It's now running, but I'm not sure yet what is being done. Will try to
report when it's finished. How can I check everything went fine ?

++