Tar exited with error 65280
noel narcisse
2003-07-21 05:21:02 UTC
Hello !!!
I am new backuppc's user and when i use backuppc with tar method :

Backup failed on hostname (Tar exited with error 65280 ( ) status )

I can't find this error on tar docs !!!!

Can you help me ?
c***@users.sourceforge.net
2003-07-21 23:50:05 UTC
Post by noel narcisse
Hello !!!
Backup failed on hostname (Tar exited with error 65280 ( ) status )
I can't find this error on tar docs !!!!
The real exit status is (65280 >> 8) == 255. This likely means ssh
isn't setup correctly.

Look in the XferLOG.bad file and run the tar command there manually
as the BackupPC user. Does ssh ask for a password or exit with some
error? If so, that's your problem.

Craig
noel narcisse